It’s getting harder to get out of bed in the mornings, but a breakfast like this will help.
Who doesn’t love pancakes? Niall Kirkland is taking things to the next level with this incredible peanut butter stuffed stack. Because it’s not enough just to have peanut butter as a topping, right?
Thick, fluffy, and oozing with the nation’s favourite nutty spread, these pancakes are a guaranteed way to get your day off to the best start.
- 50g oat flour (blended oats)
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. All-Natural Peanut Butter
- 100ml milk
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- 6 tsp. All-Natural Peanut Butter (for stuffing your pancakes)
- Chopped nuts
- Sugar-Free Syrup
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Then add the wet ingredients and mix together until there are no lumps. Alternatively, you can add all ingredients to a blender and blitz.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a non-stick pan on a low-medium heat.
- Add roughly ¼ of your pancake mixture to the pan and then move the pan around to shape your pancake into a circle. Leave to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a teaspoon, add your peanut butter to the pancake, spread it using your spoon and then cover with a little more pancake mixture.
- Flip your pancake and fry for another 2-3 minutes then remove from the pan. Repeat until you have use up your pancake mixture.
- Stack your pancakes and top with your favourite toppings — we recommend a handful of berries, chopped nuts, and a drizzle of Sugar-Free Syrup.
Try these breakfast ideas next:
10 High-Protein Vegan Breakfast Recipes To Actually Keep You Full
Get your day off to the best start with these plant-powered recipes.
Nutritional info per serving:
Lauren is an English Literature graduate originally from the South. She’s always loved swimming, has discovered the power of weight training over the past few years, and has lots of room for improvement in her weekly hot yoga class.
On the weekends she’s usually cooking or eating some kind of brunch, and she enjoys trying out new recipes with her housemates – especially since shaking off student habits, like mainly surviving off pasta. Above all, she’s a firm believer in keeping a balance between the gym and gin.
Find out more about Lauren’s experience here.