Knock this vegan protein bar recipe up in 15 minutes flat.
Knock up your own protein bars in 15 minutes with this quick, easy cookie dough vegan protein bar recipe. Simply blend and set!
As well as vegan protein powder, the key ingredients in this recipe are oats, coconut oil and milk, which bind the protein together and make them into chewy, delicious bars.
- 100g rolled oats ORInstant Oats
- 100g Vanilla Vegan Blend
- 150ml plant-based milk
- 50g Coconut Oil (melted)
- 50g vegan chocolate chips
1. First, blend the rolled oats until you get a powder (you can skip this step if you're using Instant Oats). Add the protein powder and milk* to the blender and pulse to combine, then pour in the melted coconut oil and blend until a dough forms. Add the chocolate chips and pulse through briefly until well-distributed.
* If you’re using a different one of our vegan protein powders, if necessary, add a little more milk or protein powder until you get a dough-like consistency. Different protein powders have slightly different absorbencies.
2. Line an 8"x8" square baking tin or a loaf tin with cling film and press the mixture firmly down using the back of a spoon.
3. Place the tin into the fridge to set for 10-15 minutes, then cut into bars once set.
Cover with clingfilm and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutritional info per serving:
Jennifer Blow has a Bachelor’s of Science in Nutritional Science and a Master’s of Science by Research in Nutrition, and now specialises in the use of sports supplements for health and fitness, underpinned by evidence-based research.
Jennifer has been quoted or mentioned as a nutritionist in major online publications including Vogue, Elle, and Grazia, for her expertise in nutritional science for exercise and healthy living.
Her experience spans from working with the NHS on dietary intervention trials, to specific scientific research into omega-3 fatty acid supplementation and also the effect of fast foods on health, which she has presented at the annual Nutrition Society Conference. Jennifer is involved in many continuing professional development events to ensure her practise remains at the highest level. Find out more about Jennifer’s experience here.
In her spare time, Jennifer loves hill walking and cycling, and in her posts you’ll see that she loves proving healthy eating doesn’t mean a lifetime of hunger.