The quickest, easiest protein mug cake you’ve ever made.
Made in minutes, this sticky, sweet protein mug cake will curb your cravings without jeopardising your macro-goals.
Click to jump straight to the macros.
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (we used Sticky Toffee Pudding flavour, but you can use your favourite)
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sweetener
- 2 tbsp. skimmed milk or almond milk
- Sugar-Free Syrup (we used Butterscotch flavour)
- 5 drops Flavdrops (we used Toffee flavour)
- 1 heaped tsp. Cashew Butter for the centre (optional)
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mug with a fork until no lumps remain.
2. Add in the egg white and milk and mix the mug cake batter until smooth.
3. Now’s the time to drop in any extras for the middle – try a heaped tablespoon of your favourite nut butter.
4. Microwave for around 1 minute on high (give or take some time depending on your microwave). Keep an eye on it – if it starts to bubble over the top, stop microwaving and press the batter back into mug with a fork, then continue microwaving.
5. When finished, the cake should be cooked but still very moist. Now smother it in Sugar-Free Syrup. Yum!