2019 has become the year of the vegan. With new foods cropping up on supermarket shelves and more of an awareness of the environmental effects of eating animal-based products, a plant-based diet has shot through the rankings. In fact, according to The Vegan Society, the number of vegans in the UK quadrupled between 2014 and 2019.1
There’s no doubt that social media has played a massive part in spreading the plant-based message, with influencers breaking through the stigmas and making it a mainstream trend that’s now attainable and exciting.
Meet Plant-Based Influencer Stefanie Moir, or “Naturally Stefanie” to her followers.
Stefanie shows her followers every day that a vegan diet can be balanced, tasty, and help you achieve some pretty awesome gym goals too.
“I love the idea of using social media in a way that allows us to feel empowered and inspired by others. I know it is easier said than done, but using the online fitness community to inspire you and motivate you is really incredible.”
If you don’t know already, Stefanie’s already got a fun YouTube channel, awesome Instagram feed, and successful fitness plan, Vegan Aesthetics, so what’s next?
She’s got the whole plant-based lifestyle so down that she’s written a book about it called Naturally Stefanie (of course). If you’ve got through November’s World Vegan Month, are a long-time plant-based warrior, or even just feel like you’ve it a dead end with your current lifestyle, then you need this book.
It’s packed with delicious recipes, workouts, and even some of Stefanie’s life mantras. This girl lives and breathes positivity, energy, and plant-based brilliance, so keep reading for a sneak peak of what to expect.
“I’ve encompassed my whole life into one place”
Whether you’re inspired by Stefanie’s strong physique, hungry for her delicious recipes, or after a sprinkle of her success and positivity, then you’ll find it all in this book.
She told us, “Naturally Stefanie was all about creating an overall healthy, balanced life in all areas. Not just in the gym, or on your plate, but also in your mind.”
She’s keen to show that it’s not all about diet and exercise — like everyone else, she’s only human and knows there’s a lot more to life than that. She says, “There’s so much packed in there too. You’ll find workout plans for both the gym and at home, depending on your schedule. There’s also a section on routines and rituals that offers tips and tricks to destress, wind down, and have a more positive outlook on life.”
“I am no stranger to a good dessert”
Stefanie’s living proof that health really isn’t all about being strict with what you eat. She explains, “I believe that to be mentally healthy you need to indulge now and then too — food for the body and the soul!”
“The idea of having a six pack and perky butt has some people on strict eating regimes that deprive them of treats and then you ultimately lack the positive self-loving aspect of having a “healthy” life”
While we all know by now that Instagram certainly isn’t real life, if can be hard not to compare and despair at times. This is something that Stefanie is looking to clear up too.
“There are so many assumptions that fitness gurus only eat 100% clean, train like crazy every day, and never enjoy treats — this just isn’t true.”
She helps to conquer this misconception by opening up owning a healthy lifestyle to the masses.
“I want a healthy lifestyle to be attainable to for everyone and more so, for everyone to enjoy it!”
“It’s not all smoothies and salad.”
Being plant-based has become so much easier in the past year, whether you’re eating out, or in your own home. For those feeling a little unsure, though, Naturally Stefanie shows you how simple and tasty it can really be.
“I also hope that people can see that eating plant based is so abundant and delicious — pancakes for breakfast anyone?”
“This book is packed with crowd pleasers like French toast, chocolate mousse, lasagne, burgers, and more.”
Even better, you can use your favourite Myprotein vegan products in them too. “You can make your own protein bars at home using the vegan range to have a healthy stash of snacks in your fridge for the week.”
“I’m most excited to share the recipes and to show that plant-based food is so delicious and easy to make too.”
So, it would be really mean of us not to give you a little glimpse of what to expect now, wouldn’t it? So, check out these two scrumptious recipes from Naturally Stefanie for a taste of what to expect.
Lentil and Chestnut Lasagne
“Before I switched to a plant‐based diet, I was never very keen on lasagne – however, this lentil and chestnut variation really changed my mind. Heart‐warming, full of delicious vegetables and with the meatiness of the lentils and chestnuts, it’s the perfect dish for a cold night or a meal with family and friends.”
- 15‐20 vegan‐friendly lasagne sheets
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes or passata
- 1 tin green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 150g mushrooms, chopped into small pieces
- 150g chestnuts
- 1 medium courgette, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 litre vegan vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 bunch kale
- salt and black pepper
- For the ‘cheese’ sauce
- 800ml vegan milk (I use almond milk)
- 100g plain flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a food processor, pulse the onion, courgette, mushrooms, garlic, and chestnuts to form a chunky mixture.
3. Add this to a preheated, non‐stick saucepan with the olive oil. Cook until the mixture begins to soften.
4. Stir in the lentils, herbs and the tomato paste, evenly coating the mixture in the herbs.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes, kale and stock, bring to boil and allow to simmer for 15
to 20 minutes. If the mixture looks too watery, stir in cornstarch to thicken.
6. In a separate pan, make the ‘cheese’ sauce. Warm the olive oil and then stir in the flour to form a crumbly mixture. Then stir in the almond milk, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
7. Whisk the sauce over a medium heat for around 5 to 10 minutes until it has thickened.
8. Once the vegetables and ‘cheese’ sauce are cooked, assemble the lasagne.
9. Add a layer of the lentil and chestnut mix to the base of a baking dish, then top it with a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat this process once more.
10. Add another layer of the lentil and chestnut mix and this time top it with half the ‘cheese’ sauce. Top this sauce with a layer of lasagne sheets and then complete the dish with the rest of the ‘cheese’ sauce.
11. Bake the lasagne in the oven for 40 minutes until the lasagne sheets have cooked through.
Tofu Chocolate Mousse
“I know, tofu and chocolate do not sound like a winning combination but, trust me, this mousse is utterly delicious. Served in cocktail glasses or ramekins, it’s a perfect pudding for dinner parties.”
- 300g silken tofu
- 100g vegan‐friendly chocolate
- 80g maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
1. First melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave.
2. Drain and remove excess moisture from the tofu.
3. Add the tofu, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to a food processor and combine until smooth.
4. Then add in the melted chocolate and pulse until well combined.
5. Pour the mixture into ramekin‐style dishes, filling up around a quarter of the dish and place in the fridge to set.
6. To serve, top with vegan whipped cream and chocolate – optional!
“Who doesn’t love these foods?!”
There’s no doubt that Stefanie’s embraced and conquered a vegan lifestyle. I mean, just look at that creamy chocolate mousse… So, what’s her favourite thing about being plant-based?
“Honestly, I love it all. I’m a major foodie, so just experimenting with new foods to create delicious recipes for family and friends is the best.”
While there’s no doubt that her food tastes really good, she’s also proud that it does good too.
“It’s a massive benefit to know that you are doing all this without harming others, living as cruelty free as possible is a big factor in my life and being able to do that every day with my food choices is amazing.”
If you’re looking for the kind of satisfaction from your lifestyle, then it’s time to pick up a copy of her book.
Take home message
“Ultimately, I hope that people feel like they have a new sense of how to live a happy, positive lifestyle and realise that health and fitness can absolutely help you do that. No more fad diets and strict gym routines.”
Check out @naturallystefanie on Instagram to find out how to get your hands on a copy of her book.
For the tasty plant-based products featured in her recipes, take a look at our extensive vegan range to fuel your plant-based life.