What do you expect from a YouTube channel named MattDoesFitness? If it’s fitness content, then you’re absolutely correct.
While Matt’s channel has featured all sorts over the years — including calorie challenges, strength challenges, a peak into his home life, and plenty more eating content — he’s returned to the classics with a chest workout.
As always, if you’re trying a new workout, consult a PT first to ensure your form is spot on to reduce the risk of injury. And if you’re aiming to push yourself, get a gym buddy to act as your spotter.
Flat dumbbell chest press
This exercise can also be done with a barbell, but using dumbbells allows for a greater range of motion.
- Lie flat on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Move your elbows outwards so they’re pointing away from your body.
- The dumbbells should be parallel to your biceps
- Push the dumbbells up and towards each other until your arms are straight, but not locked.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells.
Seated cuffed cable fly
- Set up a vertical bench in the centre of two cables.
- Attach the cables to your biceps on each arm.
- Begin with your arms raised out to your sides.
- Keep your arms straight while moving them to the front of your body until your hands can touch — focus on bringing the cuffs as close together as possible.
Plate loaded shoulder press
- Take a seat on the plate-loaded shoulder press machine.
- Grab a handle with each hand — your palms should be facing outwards.
- Drive your arms upwards until they’re straight above your head but don’t lock them.
- Slowly lower your arms to the starting position.
Seated dumbbell lateral raises
- Sit on a flat bench.
- Your back should be straight, and your feet should be firmly planted on the floor
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing your legs.
- Raise your arms while keeping them straight until they form a straight line with your shoulders.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells to your sides.
Lying dumbbell skull crusher
- Lie down on a flat bench.
- Grab a dumbbell in each hand and begin by holding them above your head with your palms facing each other
- While keeping your biceps in position, bend your arms at the elbows until the weights are by your head.
- Drive the weights back up until they’re above your head.
Cable triceps pushdown
- Put a flat bar attachment on the cable.
- The cable machine should be set up so that the attachment is at eye level.
- Grab the bar with an overhand grip.
- Pull the bar down until it’s roughly in line with your chest.
- While keeping your upper arms tucked into your body, use your lower arms to pull the bar down until your lower arms are straight.
Take Home Message
The push workout to end all push workouts — at least until your next session…