One exercise that you may often overlook is the Kettlebell Clean and Press. This is one move that will melt calories but also strengthen a large proportion of your body. Here is where the movement can benefit you and how to do it safely.
Which Muscles Does The Kettlebell Clean And Press Work?
Glutes, Hamstrings, Adductors, Quads, Trapezius, Biceps, Deltoids, Triceps, Abs, Serratus Anterior, Supraspinatus, Subscapularis, Infraspinatus.
All the names muscles provide a vital role in supporting and completing the movement and this makes it a highly underrated exercise.
Try these kettlebell exercises:
Kettlebell Workout | The Top 22 Kettlebell Exercises For All Levels
Shake up your home workout with these effective moves.
How To Perform The Kettlebell Clean And Press
You need to begin with the kettlebell between your feet in a deadlift position. Throughout the movement, it needs to be kept as close to your body as possible.
Kettlebell Clean And Press Technique
Once you are in position, follow the below steps.
- Ensure your back is straight throughout the movement
- The strength comes from the hips so drive them forward on the way up from the deadlift position.
- Keep the Kettlebell close to the body
- As the Kettlebell reaches chest height, bring the arm around and under the Kettlebell.
- Rack the Kettlebell without hitting it against the wrist.
- Grip the handle and keep your shoulder away from your ear.
- Brace the core muscles and press overhead.
- Keep the glutes engaged
- Slowly, and under control, bring the kettlebell down and repeat.
- You can do this with a single Kettlebell or double up with one in each hand.
We recommend sets of 8 - 12 reps (on each side).
- Incorrect wrist positioning: As the kettlebell is on the floor, between your feet, you should be holding it low in your hand. All you need to do is to hook your fingers around the handle. As the kettlebell is weightless in the air, you should insert your hand into the horn. This allows your knuckles to point upwards and for your wrist to be straight. If you don’t insert your hand through the horn, it will tip your wrist as you finish the lift.
- Not locking out at the top: When performing the press, you should ensure that you are driving your arm all the way upwards, with your bicep aligning with your ear.
Enjoy this article?
READ MORE HERE:
Foam Roller Exercises For Upper & Lower Body | Release Muscle Tension
Reduce DOMS with these foam roller exercises.
Five Best Shoulder Exercises To Build Size & Strength
Bigger shoulders in just five exercises