Niall’s Mexican stuffed peppers are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Bursting with colour and flavour, this delicious recipe is a great way to get a boost of nutrients into your day — as bell peppers are packed with vitamin C and antioxidants.
Stuffed with a lean chilli, each serving also provides 21g of protein too, ideal for helping you to meet your daily targets in a seriously tasty way.
When it comes to easy meal prep to mix it up from chicken and rice, these are definitely a winner — make up a batch and portion with a side salad for a healthy, filling lunch.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 250g lean beef mince (5% fat)
- ½ pack chilli seasoning
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 100g salsa
- 250g cooked rice
- 100g sweetcorn
- Handful of jalapeños
- 60g low-fat cheddar
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Then, slice the tops off of the peppers, remove the any seeds and transfer to a baking dish or tray.
- Bake the peppers for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Then, add your beef mince and fry for 5 minutes until the beef turns brown.
- Next, add your chilli seasoning, stir it into the beef mince and fry for a further 2 minutes. Then add your onion and fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- Now, add the salsa, sweetcorn and rice and stir so everything is well combined.
- Let cook for another 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Now, stuff your cooked peppers with the beef mince, top with jalapeños and cheddar cheese and bake in oven for 15 minutes. Enjoy!