Every year, the savoury pancake debate rages on — are they or are they not acceptable?
When it comes to pancakes, we’re not fussy — stacked, stuffed, dipped, we’ve tried them all, so we jumped at the chance to try out a delicious savoury option to kick things off.
Ham & cheese is a classic combo that’s heavenly in a toastie, simple as. Now, thanks to recipe queen @healthy_floflo, you can enjoy this delicious, oozing filling in your stack of protein pancakes. Not convinced? Give them a chance, we don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Need to re-stock your cupboards for Pancake Day? Check out the Build Your Own Pancake Bundle.
Makes 4 pancakes
- 6 scoops Protein Pancake Mix (Unflavoured)
- 170ml milk of choice
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, add the Protein Pancake Mix and then gradually add the milk bit by bit until the batter leaves a trail.
- Pour around 2 tablespoons of the batter into a hot pan, add the ham and cheese slices on top and then seal with another tablespoon of pancake mix. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then flip.
- Repeat until you have a stack of delicious savoury pancakes! Serve with a squirt of our BBQ Sugar-Free Sauce to finish it off.
Nutritional info per pancake:
Lauren is an English Literature graduate originally from the South. She’s always loved swimming, has discovered the power of weight training over the past few years, and has lots of room for improvement in her weekly hot yoga class.
On the weekends she’s usually cooking or eating some kind of brunch, and she enjoys trying out new recipes with her housemates – especially since shaking off student habits, like mainly surviving off pasta. Above all, she’s a firm believer in keeping a balance between the gym and gin.
Find out more about Lauren’s experience here.