These 4-ingredient banana protein pancakes are foolproof (even for a rookie cook).
Banana protein pancakes are a staple breakfast item, but hands up who's pancakes have turned out like soggy, misshapen blobs that tear at the mere sight of a spatula?
This ridiculously easy, foolproof recipe will be your go-to banana protein pancakes recipe for breakfast (and maybe even lunch and dinner).
And if you need to stock up on pancake supplies before pancake day, don't worry, build your own Pancake Bundle here. Simply choose your pancake mix, topping and syrup and let us do the rest. Plus, if you're a big pancake lover, or just want to make sure you're never short on your favourite protein supplies, check out our Subscribe & Gain feature.
Makes 4 pancakes.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 large eggs (or 4 egg whites if you're looking to reduce calories and fat content)
- 1 scoop Vanilla or Banana Impact Whey Protein (35g)
- 1 scoop rolled oats (35g)
- First, pop a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and leave it to heat up. Medium heat is key here – if it begins to smoke, it’s too hot.
- Next, add your banana and eggs to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the protein powder and rolled oats to the blender and process until smooth. Ensure you add these after the bananas and eggs to prevent the powder from getting stuck at the bottom of the blender (no one likes a crusty blender).
- Pour a quarter of the batter into your preheated frying pan, into a pancake around 5″ wide. If you like, you can make the pancakes a little thicker – just wait 20 seconds from pouring the batter in and pour a dribble more batter on top.
- Wait around 30 seconds (or until golden on the bottom), then use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook for a further 30 seconds. Repeat until you have no batter left.
- Top with your favourite toppings (we think blueberries + Maple Sugar-Free Syrup = the best protein pancakes in the world).
Nutritional info per serving:
5 more must-try protein pancake recipes
1. Protein Pancake Breakfast Tacos
This is the recipe you truly never knew you needed. Savoury pancakes should definitely be a thing, and the macros on these Protein Pancake Breakfast Tacos prove it. 62g of protein and 481 calories, do yourself a favour and set yourself up for a great day with this brekkie.
2. Sheet Pan Protein Pancakes
If you're looking for an easy pancake recipe, these Sheet Pan Protein Pancakes are the ones for you. 18g of protein and 146 calories per serving, these pancakes will give you a head start on your macros for the day, and leave you feeling fuelled and satisfied.
3. Cookies & Cream Protein Pancakes
This Cookies & Cream Protein Pancake recipe is for anyone with a sweet tooth. Using our Cookies & Cream Protein Pancake mix, chocolate chips, whipped cream and almond milk, this simple recipe delivers 40g of protein and 392 calories. Switch up breakfast and satisfy your macros in the tastiest way.
4. Japanese-Style Fluffy Protein Pancakes
These Japanese-Style Fluffy Pancakes are more than an Instagram-worthy recipe (though they definitely are that). With a fluffy cloud-like texture, you wouldn't believe that these pancakes deliver 32g of protein, but they do. Top with whatever you fancy and dig in. But don't forget to snap a pic before you do.
Japanese-Style Fluffy Pancakes | High-Protein Pancake Recipe
You HAVE to try these this Pancake Day.
5. Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
Fancy something a little different? These Pumpkin Protein Pancakes will hit the spot. 38g of protein all before lunchtime - nuff' said.
Want more pancake recipes?
TRY THESE NEXT: