Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast? Especially when it’s this macro-friendly.
Our recipe queen @healthy_floflo is back with another incredibly simple breakfast idea to shake up your morning routine.
Made in a few easy steps and with just 5 ingredients, you really can start your day with a delicious dessert that packs in 27g of protein. Talk about a sweet set-up for all your activities.
- 3 tbsp. light cream cheese
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Cookies & Cream)
- 100ml black coffee (cold)
- 4 Ryvita crispbreads
- Unsweetened cacao to dust
1) First, mix the cream cheese and protein powder together in a bowl until you have a smooth consistency.
2) Next, pour the cold black coffee into a shallow dish or bowl and dip each crispbread in, allowing each side to soak up the liquid.
3) Build layers of your tiramisu on a plate — start with a coffee-soaked cracker, then spread a layer of cream cheese filling, and repeat.
4) Dust the top with cacao powder and leave to chill in the fridge overnight.
5) Dig in the next morning! Breakfast has never been so simple or tasted so good.
Nutritional info per serving:
Lauren is an English Literature graduate originally from the South. She’s always loved swimming, has discovered the power of weight training over the past few years, and has lots of room for improvement in her weekly hot yoga class.
On the weekends she’s usually cooking or eating some kind of brunch, and she enjoys trying out new recipes with her housemates – especially since shaking off student habits, like mainly surviving off pasta. Above all, she’s a firm believer in keeping a balance between the gym and gin.
Find out more about Lauren’s experience here.