Time to spice up your brunch game.
These incredible breakfast tacos from Niall Kirkland are the perfect way to kick-start your day with a little heat and a whole lot of flavour.
Each delicious mini tortilla is stacked with sizzling sausage meat, seasoned veg, scrambled egg, slices of avo, a sprinkle of cheese and a drizzle of hot sauce — if you’re brave enough. Pretty sensational, right?
Once you have these mastered, you’ll be known as the brunch king of your group, no doubt about it.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 sausages (deskinned)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 pepper (diced)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic granules
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 4 eggs (beaten and seasoned)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 medium avocado (sliced)
- 30g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 50g salsa
- Mini tortillas
- Hot sauce
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium heat and add your deskinned sausages. As they fry, break them up with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once cooked, add your onion and pepper and continue frying until the veg has softened.
- Add the cumin, paprika, garlic and chilli powder and season well.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes until the sausage meat and veg has soaked up the spices, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon of coconut oil in a non-stick pan and add your eggs. Cook for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly, then add your spring onions, give it a final stir and remove from heat.
- Time to make your tacos! Niall’s built his with the sausage & veg mix first, then egg, then avocado, then cheese, followed by salsa, a drizzle of hot sauce, and a sprinkle of coriander. Breakfast is served!
Nutritional info per taco: