Cut the calories — and cost — of ordering a pizza with this simple flatbread recipe from Niall Kirkland.
It’s never been easier to enjoy a takeaway classic without having to splurge, ideal for when you’re trying to be good before payday.
With a few easy swaps, you can enjoy the flavours you love without having to worry about undoing any of your hard work in the gym.
This yoghurt-based garlic & herb dip is sure to hit the spot when it comes to livening up those crusts — while being an impressive 100 calories less than that well-known leading brand alternative. It’s also got around a quarter of the fat content, and over ten times the protein content. Talk about winning.
Forget about delivery costs, it’s time to dine in!
For the pizza:
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red pepper (chopped)
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Sugar-Free Sauce (BBQ)
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 flatbread
- 50g mozzarella
- 15g sweetcorn
- 1 tsp. oregano
For the garlic & herb dip:
- 150g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°
- First, coat the chicken breast in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Then add your red onion and red pepper to the same baking dish and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the BBQ Sugar-Free Sauce, tomato puree, salt and pepper to make the base of your pizza.
- Once your chicken is out the oven, shred using two forks.
- Now, build your pizza, BBQ sauce first on top of the flatbread, then shredded chicken and then the rest of your toppings. Finally, top with another generous squirt of your BBQ Sugar-Free Sauce.
- Bake the flatbread for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Greek yoghurt, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, and lemon together in a small bowl to make your garlic & herb dip.
- Once your flatbread is done, cut up into 6 slices and enjoy!