A winning combo of all the right things – these fully loaded sweet potato skins are everything you could want, and more. Bake a tray of them for your mates next time they’re over if you’re feeling like a super-generous host, or just keep them all to yourself for meal prep #goals.
Another incredible recipe from Niall Kirkland, these skins are stuffed with a delicious fajita-style chicken mix — ideal if you want to change up how you do Mexican night. Suddenly that tortilla is looking a bit limp, right?
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 400g chicken breast (diced)
- 2 bell peppers (diced)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ pack of fajita seasoning
- 70g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 75ml soured cream
- 100g kidney beans (drained)
- Handful of coriander (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by washing them and chopping off the ends. Then place them on a baking tray, prick all over, and cover in coconut oil.
- Next, bake your sweet potatoes in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your fajita chicken mix by heating a few sprays of cooking spray or coconut oil in a large frying pan and adding the chicken breast.
- Fry the chicken for 5-6 minutes, then add the peppers and onion and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add your fajita seasoning and a splash of water if your chicken is looking bit dry or sticking.
- Fry for another 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly, and then remove from heat.
- Once your sweet potatoes are baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Now, slice a lid off each sweet potato and, with a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the sweet potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Once you have scooped most of the flesh from the sweet potatoes, mash them in a mixing bowl and then add your fajita mix, cheese, sour cream, kidney beans and coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, stuff each sweet potato skin with this fajita sweet potato mixture and then top with some grated cheese.
- Bake your fully loaded sweet potatoes for another 15-20 minutes before removing and allowing to cool.
- Garnish with coriander and spring onions and enjoy!