Struggle to use up your turkey leftovers after the big day?
Don’t worry, we’re on hand to help you make the most of all that meat with this simple quesadilla recipe, which can make for a welcome change after all those roast potatoes and Brussel sprouts.
They’re quick to make and are guaranteed to be a hit with the family too. Plus, they’re also great to use up that cheese board — if you had any of that left…
- 1 tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- 8 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 150g low-fat cheddar (grated)
- 200g cooked turkey (roughly chopped)
- 2 avocados (sliced)
- 100g low-fat feta
- Salsa to serve
1) Heat a small amount of oil (probably around a teaspoon) in a large frying pan and then add a tortilla wrap.
2) Evenly sprinkle a layer of grated cheddar over the tortilla and allow to melt a little (this should take around a minute).
3) Then place quarter of the turkey, feta, and half of a sliced avocado on top of the cheddar. Sprinkle with coriander and then cover with another tortilla.
4) Allow to cook for about a minute, then flip the tortilla over to cook on the other side. A handy tip for doing this is to cover the tortilla with a large plate and then carefully flip the frying pan upside down so that the tortilla comes out on the plate — then you can just slide it back in.
5) Cook for a few more minutes so that the cheese is all melted and the filling is piping hot all the way through.
6) Transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and repeat with the remaining ingredients until you have four complete quesadillas.
7) Cut the quesadillas into quarters and serve with salsa.