In need of a little spice in your life? These tacos will do the trick.
Niall Kirkland is serving up yet another incredible idea for you to get creative with in the kitchen. Loaded with baked sweet potato, crumbled feta, tangy salsa, chilli-lime soured cream, crisp shredded lettuce, and plenty of hot sauce — these soft-shell tacos are a flavour explosion to waiting to happen.
Honestly, our mouths are watering just from reading that…
- 400g sweet potato (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. chilli powder
For the salsa:
- 10 cherry tomatoes (finely chopped)
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsp. coriander (finely chopped)
Chilli-lime soured cream:
- 200ml low-fat soured cream
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 10 soft taco shells
- 50g feta (crumbled)
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 small avocado (diced)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- Handful coriander
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Add the sweet potato cubes to a large baking dish and coat with coconut oil, cumin, paprika, chilli powder, and season well.
- Bake your sweet potatoes for 25 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, mix together your salsa ingredients and chilli-lime soured cream ingredients in separate bowls and set aside. Prepare the rest of your toppings and garnishes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are baked, remove from oven.
- Prepare your taco shells on a baking tray, add a layer of sweet potato and then sprinkle with feta. Bake for around 5 minutes, until feta is soft.
- Remove from oven, add your salsa, lettuce, avocado, and soured cream mix, then garnish with red onion slices, coriander, and hot sauce (if you’re brave enough). Enjoy!