This will be your go-to weeknight vegan fajitas recipe.
Did you know Portobello mushrooms make the perfect swap-in for vegan fajitas? Knock this vegan dinner up in 15 minutes flat for a delicious and speedy weeknight vegan meal!
Check out the macros at the bottom, and don’t forget to check out our other delicious 15-Minute Vegan Dinners.
Want to boost your protein? Try stirring in some kidney beans for an extra protein punch that’s also packed with fibre, vitamin B1, magnesium and iron.
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 bell peppers (sliced)
- 1 white onion (sliced)
- 4 Portobello mushrooms (sliced)
- Fajita seasoning spices: ½ tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. chilli powder, ½ tsp. garlic powder, ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Good handful pickled and sliced jalapeño peppers
- 6 small whole wheat tortillas
- Tomato salsa
1. Heat a large pan on a medium to high heat. Drop in the coconut oil, then once it has melted, add the sliced onions and bell peppers. Fry for 8-10 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften, then stir through the spices and fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the Portobello mushrooms and soy sauce to the mixture and fry until browned – this should take around 4-6 minutes.
3. Once browned, warm the tortillas in the oven for 5-10 minutes or in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Fill the tortillas with your Portobello fajita mix, and top with jalapeño peppers, guacamole and salsa. Perfection.