This leg workout from calisthenics and weightlifting expert Kestutis requires some serious control. There are five exercises in the workout and the only equipment used is a long resistance band. However, don’t panic if you don’t have a resistance band, this workout is totally doable with no equipment at all. Let’s get into it.
Pause squat with leg raises
- Get into the squat position, using a wall to lean your back against for balance
- Stay in this position, raising each leg one at a time
Resistance band pistol squat
- Tie a resistance band overhead
- Get into the pistol squat position, holding onto the resistance band with one hand for balance
- Perform your pistol squat, slow and controlled
Banded squat and walk-out
- Secure the resistance band behind you, and place it around your waist so it’s taut.
- Squat slowly and controlled
- Perform a half squat and walk out four steps ahead, then four steps back to your original position
- Begin in the lunge position
- Jump and push the alternate leg forward to return to a lunge position
Take home message
Hopefully Kestusis has helped to switch up your usual leg day and given you something different to test out. This workout should help to re-focus your form on certain movements and emphasise the importance of slowing down exercises from time-to-time.
Congrats if you made it through this one, you deserve a protein shake.
Enjoyed this article?
READ THESE NEXT: