Spice up your meat-free Mondays with these zingy tacos.
Whether you’re committed to the plant-based lifestyle or you’re just trying to cut down on your meat consumption a couple of times a week, this recipe is the perfect way to keep the flavour while cutting the animal products.
Drenched & roasted in plenty of irresistible buffalo sauce, this cauliflower is far from that soggy, overcooked stuff you used to have to endure with your school dinners or Sunday roasts. Trust us, you’ll be all over these crunchy florets.
Make the perfect flavour explosion in your taco shell by piling in some crunchy red cabbage, sliced avocado, and smooth vegan sour cream.
For the buffalo cauliflower:
- 100ml buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cauliflower (cut into florets)
For the tacos:
- 6 soft shell tacos
- Crunchy lettuce leaves
- ½ red cabbage (shredded)
- Vegan sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°
- In a bowl, mix together the buffalo sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Add the cauliflower florets and stir so that they are completely coated in the sauce.
- Transfer the cauliflower pieces into a baking tray – making sure to keep any remaining sauce in the bowl for later – and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your taco shells by making a bed of lettuce leaves and shredded crunchy red cabbage.
- Once cooked, remove the cauliflower from the oven and pour any remaining sauce on top.
Want more delicious vegan recipes? Try these:
Nutritional info per serving:
Lauren is an English Literature graduate originally from the South. She’s always loved swimming, has discovered the power of weight training over the past few years, and has lots of room for improvement in her weekly hot yoga class.
On the weekends she’s usually cooking or eating some kind of brunch, and she enjoys trying out new recipes with her housemates – especially since shaking off student habits, like mainly surviving off pasta. Above all, she’s a firm believer in keeping a balance between the gym and gin.
Find out more about Lauren’s experience here.