Need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up that won’t derail your diet?
These simple cookie dough squares from Niall Kirkland are the perfect solution to sweet-tooth cravings — only they’re packed with protein, not sugar.
Ideal for when you need a little treat to get you through a day of Zoom meetings and email chains.
- 120g almond flour (blended)
- 50g desiccated coconut (blended)
- 200g All-Natural Peanut Butter (Smooth)
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp. almond milk
- A pinch of sea salt
- Milk, dark, & white chocolate for decorating (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, peanut butter, whey protein, milk, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Once your mixture is completely mixed and looks like cookie dough, transfer to a lined Tupperware or small baking dish and press down flat with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove and then cut up into small squares. If you want a little more indulgence, try topping each one by dipping into melted chocolate of your choice. Enjoy!
Try these easy treats next:
Nutritional info per serving:
Lauren is an English Literature graduate originally from the South. She’s always loved swimming, has discovered the power of weight training over the past few years, and has lots of room for improvement in her weekly hot yoga class.
On the weekends she’s usually cooking or eating some kind of brunch, and she enjoys trying out new recipes with her housemates – especially since shaking off student habits, like mainly surviving off pasta. Above all, she’s a firm believer in keeping a balance between the gym and gin.
Find out more about Lauren’s experience here.