This literally tastes like having a gooey, chocolatey cake for breakfast.
It’s easy to see why baked oats are the new trend taking the internet by storm — breakfast never tasted so indulgent. And don’t be scared by how damn good it looks, we promise this protein-packed recipe is macro-friendly and a great fit for your training plan.
Made in a matter of minutes, these chocolate-hazelnut baked oats from Niall Kirkland are the perfect way to warm up on a frosty winter morning. We honestly can’t wait for you to dig into this.
- 100g oats
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Chocolate Brownie)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 150ml milk
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 heaped tsp. Protein Spread (Chocolate Hazelnut)
- 1 tbsp. melted peanut butter
- Handful of choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 360°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, whey protein, salt and baking powder.
- Add the milk and maple syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Split mixture between two small oven-proof bowls or baking dishes and then add a teaspoon of Protein Spread to centre of each dish. Cover with a little oatmeal mixture and bake for 12 minutes.
- Once baked, top with a drizzle of melted peanut butter and a sprinkle of choc chips. Dig in!
Want more breakfast recipes? Try these:
Lauren is an English Literature graduate originally from the South. She’s always loved swimming, has discovered the power of weight training over the past few years, and has lots of room for improvement in her weekly hot yoga class.
On the weekends she’s usually cooking or eating some kind of brunch, and she enjoys trying out new recipes with her housemates – especially since shaking off student habits, like mainly surviving off pasta. Above all, she’s a firm believer in keeping a balance between the gym and gin.
Find out more about Lauren’s experience here.