This might be the sandwich of all sandwiches.
If you’re looking for a sandwich loaded with spicy flavour, coated in a crispy crust, and smothered with a zesty sauce, then this is it.
Our main man, @counting_zacros, has served up an absolute beast of a sandwich for your next Friday night dinner. It’s packed with protein, with over 45g per serving to be precise, making it perfect for helping you to hit your macro targets in the most delicious way.
Make it as fiery or mild as you like by adjusting how much hot sauce and chilli powder you add. And of course, go to town on the toppings. In our view, you can’t go wrong with a few sliced pickles. Simple but effective every time.
- 130 g chicken breast
- 15 g Protein Crispies (crushed)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder (half for the chicken, half for the sauce)
- 2 tsp. onion powder (half for the chicken, half for the sauce)
- 2 tsp. paprika (half for the chicken, half for the sauce)
- 2 tsp. chilli powder (half for the chicken, half for the sauce)
- 2 tsp. cumin powder (half for the chicken, half for the sauce)
- 10 g egg whites
- Dash hot sauce (use less if you don't like spice)
- 15 g fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 5 g fat-free mayo
- 15 g sliced pickles (optional)
- 1 brioche burger bun (optional)
First, grab your chicken breast and place it on a chopping board. Cover with cling film, then use a rolling pin to beat until tender.
Next, add the Protein Crispies to a zip lock bag and crush them up into smaller pieces using a rolling pin.
Pour the Protein Crispies out into a small bowl along with a sprinkle of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chilli powder, salt, and pepper.
In a separate bowl, add your egg whites, a couple of dashes of hot sauce, and all the spices, and then whisk to combine.
Drop the prepared chicken breast into the wet mixture, then into dry mixture, making sure it’s fully coated.
Next, place the coated chicken breast in the air fryer for 12 mins on 200C.
While it’s cooking toast your buns.
In a ramekin, add the Greek yoghurt, fat-free mayo, hot sauce, and all the seasonings. Stir to combine and set aside.
Once the chicken is cooked, it’s time to assemble your sandwich. Add the sauce to the bottom and top of your toasted bun, top with pickles (if using), and then place the chicken breast in between.
Prepare to enjoy the sandwich of all sandwiches!
Amount per serving