Ever wondered how to make your own vegan protein bars? Try our protein bar recipe, made with our delicious Vegan Blend protein powder! Vegan Blend provides a full range of 22 amino acids – perfect for muscle growth and maintenance. Or, if you prefer, you can use our Organic Rice Protein or Pea Protein in these tasty bars.
Try giving up meat for a day every so often to help our planet and benefit our food systems. With the population rising by around 30% over the next 30 years, the demand for meat at the current rate simply can’t be met.
Did you know, if you omitted meat for one meal, you’d save:
- Enough carbon emissions to boil a kettle 388 times
- The daily water usage of nine people
- Up to 11g of fat
- And up to 90 calories!
Ingredients for Vegan Protein Bars
Makes: 10-12 bars
- 100g Vegan Blend (Chocolate Smooth Flavour) or Organic Pea Protein
- 70g Instant Oats
- 30g Cacao Nibs
- 1 orange (zest)
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 60ml soy/coconut/almond milk
- 100g Cacao Liquor Buttons
- 50g granulated sweetener/sugar
1. Combine Vegan Blend, Instant Oats, Cacao Nibs and orange zest in a large mixing bowl
2. Add the coconut oil and then add milk gradually until the mixture forms together but is not too sticky
3. Press firmly into a square baking tin and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
4. Melt chocolate using a bowl over an inch of boiling water in a saucepan. Dissolve granulated sweetener in the chocolate then pour over the set protein bar mixture
5. Decorate with extra orange zest and refrigerate for a further 30 minutes, then cut into bars