Need a healthy on-the-go snack? Grab one of these muffins.
These delicious banana bread protein muffins from Razi (@raziyyz) are a great healthy bake to satisfy your sweet-tooth without derailing your diet. Sweetened naturally with fruit and our Sugar-Free Maple Syrup to keep the sugar content down, they’re also boosted with a scoop of protein to help you hit your daily intake goals in a tasty way.
They can be easily made vegan too, just use a plant-based milk and a plant-based protein powder, like our Vegan Protein Blend.
Makes 6 large muffins
- 1/2 cup milk (Razi uses oat milk but any milk will work)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup oats (blended into a powder)
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein Use whichever protein powder you like best here
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
First, add the milk and apple cider vinegar to a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mash your banana, then add the blended oats, apple sauce, Sugar-Free Maple Syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, oil, and protein powder.
Add chocolate chips to the batter, stir through, and then distribute the mixture evenly between 6 muffin cases in a muffin tray. Bake for 17 minutes.
Enjoy immediately or seal in a container and refrigerate to keep for up to 4-5 days.
Amount per serving