Big vs small, north vs south, strongmen vs bodybuilders. To mark the start of the Myprotein Highland event, the Morsia brothers made their way up to Invergordon, home of the World’s Strongest Brothers, to try their hand at some strongman events.
It’s clear the two pairs of brothers have had different upbringings. The Stoltmans’ affectionate relationship isn’t mirrored by the Morsia bros. There’s no love between them. All we see is sibling rivalry that doesn’t let up for a moment.
It was a big day for all involved, with the strongmen brothers passing on the torch, or rather atlas stones, to the Morsia brothers for the day. They also swapped diets. Prepare for some very full Morsias and some very hangry Stoltmans.
The events for the day:
- Yoke walk: starting at 200kg and working up until failure
- Key toss: over a bar starting at 3.75m
- Farmer’s walk: with weight increasing until failure
- Atlas stone: starting at 120kg
Much to Ben’s dismay, Matt took the win in every event. And much to my own dismay, he really didn’t rub it in as much as I would have liked. That would’ve made for some great viewing. Maybe they were just too exhausted after the strongman events, or simply just too full to gloat. The diet swap was pretty mega.
- Tom: the big breakfast with extra tomatoes
- Luke: the big breakfast
- Matt: 10 fried eggs, four rounds of toast, two hash browns, and mushrooms on the side. Served with orange juice, a slice of cake and a bowl of porridge
- Ben: we don’t find out the specifics, but it looks like he had a lot of eggs, some bacon, cake, hash browns and some porridge
- Tom: nada
- Luke: zilch
- Matt: donut
- Ben: donut
(I’d like to clarify that on this occasion I’m not calling the Morsia’s donuts — but just listing what they’re eating... on this occasion, that is.)
- Tom: chicken, chilli wrap and a little Vimto
- Luke: steak panini and some carrot sticks
- Matt: mac and cheese and the chicken sizzler panini
- Ben: chilli con carne, baked potato and chicken sizzler panini
It’s probably worth mentioning that all of these meals came with chips. There was a lot of beige on the table.
- Tom: Large pepperoni pizza and millionaire shortbread
- Luke: Large pepperoni pizza
- Matt: Double cheese and bacon burger and chips
- Ben: Burger and chips
And the Morsias were lucky enough to also share some chicken pakora, cheesy garlic bread and onion rings.
Take Home Message
As the night drew in after a long, exciting day in Invergordon, tummies were full — well the Morsias tummies anyway — and DOMS were certainly inbound. The whole event appeared to be a bit of a shock to the system for the bodybuilding southerners. From the weather to the rough texture of an atlas stone to the sheer volume of food consumed by the strongmen. But it’s fair to say that the Morsias fared well in the strongman events and Matt has a big win to hold against Ben for a fair few months.
Enjoy this article? READ MORE HERE:
'There's Been No Negatives' | Stoltmans Try Vegan Supplements
If the World's Strongest Brothers can do it, so can you.
Myprotein's Strongest Man: Stoltmans Go Head To Head
Sibling rivalry at its finest