Glutes of steel? Look no further than this workout. Specially designed to blast your lower body, you may not be able to climb the stairs tomorrow, but we guarantee you it’ll be worth it. Take leg day up a notch and try out the workout below.
Hamstring Curl (Swiss ball)
- Start by lying on your back on a mat with your feet elevated on a Swiss ball, arms resting by your side.
- Raise your hips off the floor to rest on your upper body.
- Keeping your feet together and hips elevated, bend your knees to bring your feet in towards your glutes.
- Hold, then straighten your legs again to return to the start.
- Stand up straight, feet shoulder-width apart, while holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Lower yourself by bending at the knees, keeping your torso straight and head up.
- Continue until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Raise your torso, pushing through the heels.
Barbell Hip Bridge
- Begin seated on the ground with a loaded barbell over your hips.
- Lay down flat, with your feet planted on the floor, knees up.
- Drive through your heels to push your hips up off the floor.
- Extend as far as possible, then return to the start position.
Dumbbell Walking Lunge
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand down by your sides.
- Step forward with one leg and bend the knees to drop your hips, keeping your torso upright. Your back knee should almost touch the ground. Don’t allow your front knee to go beyond your toes.
- Drive through the heel of your lead foot to raise yourself back up.
- Repeat with the opposite leg.
Kettlebell Romanian Deadlift
- Start standing holding a kettlebell with both hands.
- Keeping your back straight, flex your hips, slowly pushing your rear back as far as you can, only partially bending the knees. This should be a horizontal movement of the hips, rather than a downward one.
- Pause, then slowly return to the starting position.
- Stand feet shoulder-width apart, holding a kettlebell with both hands.
- Bend slightly at the knees, hinging at the hips, pulling the kettlebell back between your legs.
- Drive your hips forward and straighten your back to swing the kettlebell up to shoulder height.
- Repeat the move in one continuous motion.